|The responsibilities of the Head, Technical Services include but not limited to the following:
- Manages all functions and activities within the Network Department.
- Liase with all members to ensure reliable and consistant peering functionality with the exchange.
- Assist troubleshooting of BGP4 routing issues with exchange members
- Develop routing best practices and configurations for optimal exchange routing
- Create and maintain a members technical extranet to share and disseminate technical information
- Promote the importance of local content development and exchange.
- Responsible for coordinating the management and monitoring of network and other active equipment with the associated monitoring software. All alerts and monitoring should provide automatic escalation and notifications
- Responsible for coordinating the installation of Monitoring all servers, switches, routers, power systems, and transmission networks
- Involve in the development and implementation of Network Policies and Procedures.
- Create and execute procedures that will result in the continual improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Network Department in accordance to global best practices.
- Implement, Maintain and improve on trouble ticket management system for operational issues and requests. Such a system should provide KPI reporting and automatic escalation.
- Provides monthly or more frequent training/coaching to technical staff.
- Direct, evaluate and oversee departmental staff in terms of performance and responsibilities in achieving results as it relates to Network.
- Responsible for keeping the company up to date with current technology in achieving results as it relates to the Network Department.
- Maintain and update the exchange’s website to provide relavant information on the operations of the exchange and its key performance indicators
- Give subject matter presentations to various audiences nationally and internationally.
- ·Carry out any other duty assigned by the MD/CEO.