Step 01.Fill the online application form.
Step 02.Sign IXPN membership MOU.
Step 03.Pay required fees.
Step 04.Establish a physical connectionto IXPN node at your desireddata centre (POP).
Step 05.Setup BGP peering and startexchanging traffic.
Step 06.Notification to other members.
Download a more detailed joining procedure document.
NOTE: Connection to IXPN will not be allowed until payment of all required fees has been cleared and a copy of the signed MoU received.
IXPN offers connections as its currently operating locations at 100Mbps, 1000Mbps (1G) and 10GE port speeds. IXPN also offers a private interconnect service to allow members to have bilateral connections in a cost-effective way.
You must be an IXPN member before you can sign up for a private interconnect service.
IXPN is expected to yield the following results:
1. Immediate drop in connectivity costs as well as cost savings in millions of dollars in offshore internet bandwidth payments.
2. Improved security profile of Nigerian internet traffic by ensuring that only international traffic leaves Nigeria.
3. Immediate drop in latency from 900 milliseconds to 30 milliseconds for local content.
4. Increased e-commerce activities, leading to a reduction in cash transactions.
5. Serve as the central point for connecting Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) towards the development of National Research and Educational Network (NREN).