Looking for a challenging role in ICT?
IXPN is seeking to recruit a competent, committed and self-driven candidate for the position: Network Support Executive who will support, maintain and monitor activities associated with the Network Infrastructure, Network Operations Center (NOC) and related network equipment that supports IXPN’s operations.
Network Support Executive – reports to the Head, Technical Services and is responsible for:
- ensure that all maintenance and installations are carried out in a timely manner so as to reduce down time as well as ensuring that all installations are done to world class standards;
- liase with all members to ensure reliable and consistent peering functionality with the exchange;
- assist troubleshooting of BGP4 routing issues with exchange members;
- maintain members’ technical extranet to share and disseminate technical information;
- keep and maintain accurate records of the various maintenance parameters of the system as assigned;
- generate reports in the areas assigned for management and compliance purposes;
- maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network;
- monitor network and other active devices with the associated monitoring software. All alerts and monitoring should provide automatic escalation and notifications;
- support the installation/ monitoring of all servers, switches, routers, power systems, and transmission networks;
- support, maintain and improve on trouble ticket management system for operational issues and requests. Such a system should provide KPI reporting and automatic escalation;
- maintain and update the exchange’s website to provide relavant information on the operations of the exchange and its key performance indicators; and
- perform any other duty assigned by the Head, Technical Services and/or MD/CEO.
- Bachelors Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP), CCIE is an advantage. At least 4 years technical experience
- Fair understanding of routing protocols and have deomstratable practical experience with troubleshooting BGP4
- Good networking experience on IP based networks
Interested and qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate position applied for as subject of the email not later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication.